Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Than a Dream





     You know that feeling you have when you wake up from a deep sleep?  You're not quite sure of your surroundings and you're grasping to hold onto and make meaning of a dream.  It's been a week since I returned from my Habitat build in Haiti and I'm feeling that way. 

     When people ask about my trip, my first response is the word "intense."  The work was intense, the weather was intense, the living conditions in Haiti are intense, the poverty is intense, the resiliency of the Haitians is intense, the need for help in Haiti is intense, the friendships I made were intense.  To quote one of my teammates in Leogane, I've never felt like I've done so much and so little in one week.

     As I try to wake up and make meaning of my trip, I'll add to the blog, both stories and photos.  For now, I'll leave you with this HFH video with images of the week and a heartfelt thank you to all who donated to Habitat for Humanity Haiti....You cannot begin to imagine how much your support is needed and appreciated there!  (And will continue to be needed....Keep donating!)

                                 2011 Carter Work Project in Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment